The Kolbe System frees people to achieve higher productivity and performance. The hard ROI? People take fewer sick days and reach higher goals with less effort – faster.
Kolbe Team Solution is a 5 step plan to maximize individual and group efforts to achieve organizational goals.
Step 1: Preparation
Each team member will complete the Kolbe A™ Index to determine the instinctive talents that drive their way of taking action.and
In addition, each team member will complete a Kolbe B™ Index tomeasures how they view the functional demands of a specific job or position.
The head of the team or direct supervisor will complete a Kolbe C™ Index for each job title on the team to identify how an evaluator or peer believes a particular job needs to be done in order to achieve success. These are the ways the job holder is expected to take action regardless of skills, intelligence, or personality. One Kolbe C Index is sufficient for a position held by several people.
All Indexes must be completed three weeks prior to the Team Seminar to allow time for processing of the team reports.
Step 2: Team Synergy Workshop
The team will meet in a facilitated three-hour workshop to:
- – Learn about the Kolbe Concept®
- – Understand themselves and each other better
- – Create strategies to work more effectively Team Performance
Additionally, a Kolbe Team Seminar will uncover your employees’ innate abilities and provide a dynamic, interactive way to explore the workings of the team.
In the seminar, your team will:
- – Review the inventory of instinctive talents on your team
- – Analyze and identify implications for the team
- – Discuss how to best leverage these talents to work better together
- – Review reports which indicate where team strengths may be missing or overloaded
- – Develop strategies to manage or avoid team breakdowns
- – Learn how to use tools to improve communication
Step 3: Individual Coaching
Discuss individual results privately and clarify any questions about them.
These one-hour conversations with each participant have two parts:
- 1. A 30-minute conversation with you and a direct report. The goals of this session are to discuss any evidence of stress in the workplace that is caused by strain or tension; discuss how to handle either conflict or inertia within working relationships.
- 2. A 30-minute confidential conversation between each individual team member and a consultant from Team Lawless. The purpose of the talk is to help the team member understand the implications of his/her Kolbe results in his/her day-to-day work.
Step 4: Team Leader Debrief and Coaching
The results of the Kolbe C Indexes show how a team lead’s expectations are different from the actual strengths of each member on the team (as revealed in their A Index).
Using the C results, a consultant from Team Lawless will support you in determining how to best work with each team member to hep them achieve new levels of personal performance. You will be able to fully support the team members’ individual and professional development.
Step 5: Recap and Debrief
In a subsequent meeting 1-3 months after the Team Seminar, the group will engage in a 90- minute conversation to
- – Re-presence the Kolbe distinctions
- – Revisit the team implications surfaced in Session 1 and review progress
- – Share individual insights since the last session
- – Commit to any new actions or course correction